Research for universities and libraries with Nexis®
The research tool especially for universities and libraries.
High-quality data for students, universities & libraries
What LexisNexis can do for Universities
The Nexis® research tool is particularly suitable for students, university staff and library users in search of national and international business, press and company information.
The research tools from LexisNexis enable these searches to be conducted more efficiently. LexisNexis Academic & Library Solutions is perfectly tailored to the needs of students, university departments and library users, providing access to comprehensive, high-quality and reliable material.
Download product brochure
A range of search options via a web-based interface
Take a look at our top-class sources
With LexisNexis for Universities and Libraries you can search the current and historical archives of thousands of local, regional, national and international newspapers and journals and explore press reports, newsletters and magazines in a number of languages.
The important sources you can access include:
- The full text of more than 1,000 newspapers worldwide in English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian and Russian
- Archived publications such as the New York Times (from 1980), Financial Times (from 1982), Le Monde (from 1990) and taz (from 1995)
- Magazines, journals and newsletters including Manager Magazin, Der Spiegel and Newsweek
- Agency reports with updates several times a day, including respected names such as Agence France Presse, Associated Press, Business Wire, dpa-AFX and PR Newswire
- Hard-to-find transcripts of radio and TV broadcasts from the major English-language TV and radio stations including ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX, NBC and NPR, and records of US Congressional Committee hearings and presidential news conferences
- Blogs posts
Our database of business information includes business and financial news, international company reports, information on individuals and countries and industry reports
- Company profiles, e.g. from Hoover's, Creditreform, Bisnode, ICC and Worldbox
- Financial information, e.g. from Bisnode, ICC, Infocredit and Worldscope
- Commercial register details from the Bundesanzeiger and SEC filings
- Mergers and acquisitions reports from Mergerstat and SDC
- Information on individuals from Marquis Who's Who, Zoom and Jigsaw
- Industry reports from Business Monitor International (BMI)
- Trade journals for various industries, e.g. Die Bank, Capital, CASH, The Banker, Euromoney, Global Investor and the Investors Chronicle for the financial sector
- Country reports from BBC Monitoring, gtai, IMOE and Global Insight
The countries covered by the legal area of LexisNexis include the USA, the UK, France and the United Arab Emirates. The materials available are primary sources such as decisions, statutes and regulations, secondary sources such as legal journals for background information and analysis, international directories of lawyers and international conventions and agreements. LexisNexis also provides access to the highly regarded Shepard's Citations® Service (going back to 1789) for all US federal and state cases, and to statutes, decisions and conventions from the EUR Lex databases.
Selected legal material from Canada, Malaysia, Brunei, Hong Kong and elsewhere is also available.
Benefits of LexisNexis for Universities
- Online access
via your university or library
- Save time
with accurate and easily generated search results
- Enhanced accuracy of results
with optimized search functions such as LexisNexis® SmartIndexing Technology™ and Boolean operators
- Improved data quality
as a result of sorting by relevance
- Multiple languages and translation function
Results can be translated into results can be translated into any one of 57 languages with Google Translate™ . Sources are available in a range of original languages including English, French, Spanish, Dutch, Arabic, Russian and Chinese. The languages in which the interface of the research tool is available include German, English, French, Dutch, Portuguese and Russian.
Nexis® is a sophisticated research system for professional information gathering. The range of German-language and international sources provides our customers with a comprehensive information base.
In our annual review of the research databases on offer, Nexis® has for many years come out on top. In view of the extensive use that our scholarship holders make of the tool, we are always happy to opt for Nexis®.
The comprehensive international news archive in Nexis® enabled us to conduct research based on full-text articles over a period of 15 years.
Note on logging in for students
You can access our research tool if your university has a contract with LexisNexis.
Please contact your university direct if
- you are uncertain whether your university has such a contract.
- you need to know how to access the tool.
Our support team will be happy to help you if you have questions about using the product or need assistance with research queries. Simply fill in the contact form at the bottom of this page or call us on: +31 20 485 3456
Partnership between LexisNexis and OCLC® WorldCat® Discovery Services
Enhance your academic research results
As a librarian, student or researcher you depend on crucial fully up-to-date information from a wide range of publications. LexisNexis for Universities provides an online research tool specially tailored to your needs.
To make your search even more efficient, LexisNexis has partnered with OCLC® WorldCat® Discovery Services. By using OCLC’s unique search technology we can expand the available content on our research platform to include OCLC. Users of our research tool for universities already have access to 800 legal journals. As a result of our partnership with OCLC, an additional 4,000 publications can be viewed via OCLC.
No additional costs
To benefit from this offer, universities and libraries need access to both research tools – OCLC and LexisNexis. There is no charge for the integration of the two databases. For implementation please contact your OCLC customer advisor.
Here’s how it works
- Launch a search in OCLC® WorldCat® Discovery Services.
- You will receive results from newspaper and journal articles and many other sources. Beside each document you can see which database the article is in.
- You are automatically granted access to the documents from the LexisNexis database.
- Continue researching with LexisNexis or OCLC.
Recommended by researchers worldwide
LexisNexis has partnered with OCLC because librarians all over the world have for years trusted this service. As a result of this partnership we can offer our customers unparalleled content with unique search technology.
LexisNexis® Academic is one of the best research databases in the world. We are pleased to be working with LexisNexis to provide librarians and library users with access to these valuable sources on our platform, WorldCat® Discovery Services.
Chip Nilges, Vice President, Business Development, OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc.